The Deed Poll Guarantee

British Pound Coins

Accepted or your money back...

We guarantee that our deed poll change of name declarations will be accepted, or we'll refund your order in full! You can't say fairer than that.

We're 100% confident that our deed polls are legally compliant. We spend many hours researching updates to British Laws and Legislation and looking at judicial precedent. You can learn more about name change law on our dedicate Law and Legislation Page.

If your deed poll is s refused by HM Passport Office, the Foreign Office or the DVLA we'll refund you in full.

The UK Deed Poll Archive

The UK Deed Poll Archive

Each organisation has specific requirements in relation to your name. It is important that the details you enter on your deed poll application comply with the requirements. If your details do not comply, and the refusal is based upon that we would not normally be able to grant a refund. You can read more about the specific requirement of each organisation below.

HM Passport Office.png

HM Passport Office

If your deed poll is refused by the passport office you must provide us with the official refusal notice, email or letter.

Name Requirements

The passport office has strict guidance on the type and length of names that can be entered onto the ID page of the passport. Further guidance can be found in Annex A: Use of names in passports, produced by the Home Office by clicking here.

Foreign Office Logo.png

The Foreign Office

If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office refuse your deed poll you must provide us with the refusal notice.

Name Requirements

Dependent upon the type of document you are changing, there may be different requirements. Generally speaking the Foreign Office follows the guidance issued to the Passport office in Annex A:Use of names on passports.

DVLA logo.png


If the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency refuse your deed poll we will need to see a copy of the refusal notice, letter or email.

Name Requirements

The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency commonly uses the data entered on your passport. For this reason they use the same guidance on naming conventions and length. Please see HM Passport Office for further guidance.

Contract Signature


Online Deed Poll Application

Child with Dog

Apply for a

child change

of name

Quick & easy
online application